Search This Blog

Saturday, July 31, 2010

The A-Team


A few weeks ago I went with some friends to see the movie The A-Team brought to us by director Joe Carnahan. As many of you know this movie is based off of the older television show with the same name.

I have never seen the older A-Team but that doesn't change the fact that I was kept laughing through the entire movie. The movie was hilarious with incredibly funny dialogue, and for those of you who read my review for The Last Airbender you'll know that well-written dialogue is important for a movie in my opinion.

My favorite character was definitely Murdock. Murdock was originally portrayed by Dwight Schultz in the TV series and was portrayed by Sharlto Copley in the movie. This character was basically insane. The other characters first meet him in a hospital's psychiatric ward where he proves to be quite useful.

The next two characters were rather normal and still awesome: Hannibal and Face portrayed by Liam Neeson and Bradley Cooper respectively. Hannibal's the leader who seems to have a way to get out of every sticky situation. Face was the same way. He observed Hannibal and, by the end of the movie, was the same way.

I've seen Mr. T on TV before but I hadn't seen him play B.A. Baracus so I knew what he was like but not his character. Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (who incidentally is one of the only other people I know who spells his name the same way I do) portrayed B.A. in this movie. I personally only found his character funny about half of the time. Those times were when he wasn't saying "fool" after everything. To me, that's a Mr. T thing and can't really be copied. He seemed like he was trying to hard. However, he was still funny.

So the plot of the movie is pretty simple. The group is accused of stealing the plates used for making money (that's as simple as I'll put it). They are then broken up and put in separate prisons. They break out and try to clear their names by catching the person who really did steal them.

I would recommend this movie to anyone. Especially if those people aren't planning on taking little kids or young teenagers to see it. The jokes that were made aren't exactly appropriate for those age groups.

So if you are looking for an awesome, funny, and action-packed movie to see I would definitely recommend The A-Team.

No comments:

Post a Comment